Anti-Bullying Education Session Presented by SurePoint
||ALA Capital Chapter Events
||Anti-Bullying Education Session Presented by ALA DEIA Committee Members
||ALA Staff and Administrators
||Janelle Lawrence [ALA Capital Chapter]
||Oct 25, 2022 12:00 PM America/Eastern
||Oct 25, 2022 01:00 PM America/Eastern
||We hear stories about bullies all the time, mostly among school-age children and in school settings. But according to the Workplace Bullying Institute, 30% of employees have direct experience being bullied. This presentation provides an opportunity to learn the difference between harassment and bullying and will touch on the intersectionality of harassment, bullying and racism. Participants will understand the impact on their employees when this behavior is allowed to continue. And they will learn how to recognize, acknowledge and stop bullying in the legal profession.
• Learn examples of various implicit and blatant bullying behaviors.
• Gain a better understanding of how a culture of silence enables bullying behaviors in the workplace.
• Learn to distinguish between bullying and harassment behaviors.
• Understand how bullying behaviors affect the legal profession.
• Receive tips and guidance to implement actionable measures for stopping bullies in the workplace.
This session will be presented by two members of ALA’s DEIA committee, Laurence Winters from SurePoint and Risa McMahon from Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.