Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP seeks a Floater Administrative Legal Assistant to join its Administrative team. In this position, your exceptional attention to detail, communication, and time management affords you the opportunity to grow your skills in office services, administrative support and legal assistance in support of the firm’s law practice.
Our firm is a Washington, DC based law firm specializing in representing public sector and public interest clients. Firm clients include states, municipalities, consumer advocates, government agencies, and labor unions. The firm’s work involves litigation in venues that range from regulatory and state utility commissions, and to the United States Supreme Court.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following qualities:
- Working knowledge in all Windows Applications, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional. Ability to create TOC, TOA and compare documents is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills, with follow-through and flexibility to work with multiple personalities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem solve under time-sensitive deadlines
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy of data and information
- Ability to work independently in an electronic environment, including editing of documents, generating correspondence, uploading and downloading documents from the various court or federal websites and to navigate the firm’s document management system
- Ability to receive and adapt to constructive feedback
Your Primary Work Responsibilities are:
- Primary back-up to administrative legal assistants, including to proficiently prepare briefs, pleadings, eFilings and other administrative tasks, including calendaring, time entry, filing, assisting with travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports
- Serves as back-up to Legal Assistant/Paralegal Team in cite-checking and proofreading duties to assist Attorneys and Paralegals on briefs and pleadings. Must possess the ability, or have the capability to learn how, to proficiently cite-check/proofread –training will be provided
- Performs general office services duties. Duties include office supplies (assists with tracking/ordering/re-stocking), mail/deliveries (collects, sorts and distributes daily mail/deliveries), general office equipment (operates and maintains various general office and photocopier equipment), conference rooms (maintains and performs set-ups/break-downs); and common areas (monitors and stocks common areas as needed)
- Performs records management assistance in support of docketing and records management processes
- Relieves and performs back-up reception duties, including logging attendance, greeting visitors, answering the phone and taking messages or relaying them to the proper individuals timely and accurately
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned
The position work Requirements:
As we return to work in person, we encourage all employees to be vaccinated and able to work primarily in a non-telecommuting, professional office environment, Monday-Friday, a 37.50 hour work week, with core hours from 9am-5:30pm, with occasional overtime. Must be able to lift/carry approximately 20-lbs (a box filled with paper).
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or candidate with 1+ years of experience in a professional services environment.
Spiegel offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with office Metro accessible.
To apply, submit your cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and transcripts to recruiting @ spiegelmcd.com - Attention: Human Resources Manager, at Spiegel & McDiarmid LLP, 1875 Eye Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20006.
EOE/M/F/V and an e-Verify participant