The Washington DC office of Finnegan, one of the world's leading and largest intellectual property law firms, is seeking an HR Specialist to join our dynamic HR department. This position will report to the Director of Human Resources and be a key member of the HR Operations team. Responsibilities will include coordinating various HR activities and programs to advance department projects related to recruitment, employee events and engagement activities, benefits, training, and compliance. The HR Specialist will have primary responsibility for maintaining HRIS data integrity and preparing routine and ad hoc reports to support department and firm objectives.
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reports, such as monthly EEO/diversity, salary, department, management, vendor, and client reports; providing summaries, slide decks, analysis and interpretation as required. Assists or completes survey requests as needed. Ensures integrity of the data before submission to customer.
- Processes status and compensation changes in HRIS. Prepares and communicates salary change notices and any applicable wage notifications.
- Works with IT on discrepancies between systems for core HR data. Escalates and submit tickets as needed for system issues.
- Creates new jobs and/or positions in HRIS and works with payroll and benefits teams on proper setup and workflows..
- Reviews all new hire and termination records for accuracy and updates as needed. Ensures security is setup for each new hire.
- Assists on the execution of various recognition programs, including staff appreciation week, service awards, staff happy hours and other employee and departmental morale events.
- Assists in compiling data for yearly department budget submission and executes on department project deliverables while staying within budget.
- Drafts HR communications as necessary, including memos, documents, event invitation and other relevant communications related to HR activities and work assignments.
- Conducts research, gathers data, and disseminates information for and on behalf department personnel.
- Looks for workflow improvements, HR efficiencies and makes appropriate recommendations.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, or Human Resources or equivalent years of relevant experience and three to five years of HR, and/or HRIS experience preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm. PHR and/or SHRM-CP certifications preferred. A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, a working knowledge of Sharepoint, advanced Excel skills, including formulas, data importing/exporting data to/from Excel, pivot tables and charts, experience with HRIS/payroll software (preferably Dayforce products), writing queries, report writing, and data manipulation is required. Ability to conduct online research. Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, meet strict deadlines, recognize potential problems, and proactively suggest ways to mitigate them and anticipate needs is also required.
The firm offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including 401(k)/Roth, profit sharing, backup childcare, tutoring, tuition reimbursement, well-being programs and more. Finnegan is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may apply using this link.