At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
The Legal Recruiting Manager will oversee recruiting and hiring for all lateral attorneys in our East Coast offices. You will manage legal recruiting for the East Coast in Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, New York, and Washington, D.C. The Legal Recruiting Manager will report to the National Director of Recruiting and work closely with the Department Chairs, Office Managing Partners and Hiring Partners in each office to help recruit and hire attorney talent.
On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Work directly with Office Managing Partners, firm wide Department Chairs and other member of the Legal Recruiting team to attract and hire candidates from the law school level through partner hiring
- Creatively source candidates using tools provided by the firm to find and reach passive candidates
- Work with talent development and department/practice group heads to help determine staffing needs
- Oversee the Summer Fellow Program by working with the recruiting coordinators and other team members
- Supervise and mentor other recruiting team members
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of six years of law firm recruiting experience, ideally experience in partner recruiting
- A strong knowledge of the legal market and professional relationships in local legal city groups and other organizations related to the legal industry
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills, an ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple and shifting priorities and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of responsibility and will be proactive and a self-starter.
- Have demonstrated leadership ability that promotes an environment of collaboration, teamwork and a culture of high performance.
- viRecruit or other applicant tracking system experience
- Flexibility to adjust hours and travel as needed
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309
This position is based in Boston, MA 02210
This position is based in New York, NY 10018
This position is based in Washington, DC 20001