HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Click Here to Apply)
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support and coordinates activities in support of the Human Resources Department. This role will have primary responsibility of assisting with all aspects of new employee onboarding and orientation, providing general administrative support, and working with Human Resources team members on various projects and initiatives. The Human Resources Assistant will also assist with recruiting efforts for open staff positions.
This position is responsible for handling inquiries from all
levels of firm personnel and routinely handles highly confidential
and sensitive information, which require a high degree of
professionalism, customer service, and discretion.
This position is eligible to participate in the firm's flexible work program.
• Performs customer service functions by responding to requests and questions from all levels of firm personnel
• Handles confidential and sensitive employee and/or firm information with discretion
• Assists with processing of employee status changes, including new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, consulting agreements, and notary commissions
• Assists with the Time and Attendance program
• Provides administrative support for the annual performance evaluation process for professional staff, including but not limited to coordinating meetings, preparing and collecting documents
• Coordinates new employee onboarding, including scheduling and conducting orientation, processing personnel and tax forms, and working with other administrative departments to facilitate the on-boarding process
• Processes I-9 documentation for new hires via E-Verify and maintains forms, ensuring that the records are current and accurate
• Provides backup support as needed with professional staff recruitment efforts, including posting positions to the firm website and external job boards, reviewing applications and screening candidates, administering assessments, tracking candidate status and scheduling interviews, extending job offers, submitting online background investigation requests and conducting reference checks
• Provides Benefits support, including assisting with benefit invoices, anniversary bonuses, life event gift orders, spreadsheet maintenance, and intranet announcements
• Assist in wellness-related activities
• Works on other Human Resources related projects and initiatives as assigned
• Provides general administrative and clerical support for Human Resources team members, including drafting corresponding, scheduling meetings, contacting vendors, processing invoices, preparing paper or electronic binders, making photocopies, etc.
• Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
• Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities may require the individual to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
• May need to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to see tasks through from inception to completion
• Must possess a growth mindset and display high levels of emotional intelligence
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build relationships, credibility, and trust across all levels of firm leadership
• Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
• Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product
• Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to type 45 wpm
• Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive information and materials
• Familiarity with human resources databases strongly preferred, including ADP and viDesktop
• Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College degree required
• Minimum two (2) years of related Human Resources and/or office administrative experience
• Previous experience in a law firm or professional services firm strongly preferred
• Prior experience with full lifecycle recruiting a plus
This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
*Wiley is committed to the continued health and safety of all members of the firm and requires all members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, all newly hired personnel must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Proof of vaccination will be required. Wiley will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on approved medical or religious accommodation requests.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.