Senior Human Resources Generalist (Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, or
At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As Senior Human Resources Generalist, you will be part of our national Human Resources team working under the supervision of the National Human Resources Operations Manager, leading the human resources function for our national Business Immigration Group. You will provide guidance to Business Immigration Group personnel regarding various aspects of the employee life cycle, including onboarding, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management and evaluations, employee development, the application of Firm policies and procedures, reward and recognition programs, coaching, and both voluntary and involuntary terminations.
On any given day, You will collaborate with the national HR team to ensure consistency in the above mentioned areas of the employee life cycle, and you will also participate in national programs and initiatives across the firm. You will:
- Recommend, help to develop, and implement human resource policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with the national HR team on matters such as background checks, compensation, benefits, employee relations, leave management, recruiting, the staff and paralegal evaluation process, Kronos, and other HR Operations projects
- Provide guidance and training on employee performance management, such as coaching and counseling, employee development and retention, warnings, performance improvement plans and termination recommendations
- Conduct 90-day check in meetings with Team Managers to ensure integration
- Collaborate with the local Office Administrators, Paralegal Team Managers, and Director of Operations – Business Immigration Group on the staff and paralegal evaluation process, including compensation recommendations
- Lead the transition process when support staff change office locations or employment status
- Prepare for employee departures, process paperwork, and conduct exit interviews
- Process employee paperwork for status changes (i.e. promotions, FT to PT, etc.), such as personnel action forms (PAFs) and SOS forms
- Design and implement employee engagement and recognition programs
- Collaborate with local HR personnel to maintain local personnel files
- Coordinate National HR Operations projects as needed, including but not limited to organizing templates, implementing Standard Operating Procedures, and conducting HR trainings.
- A Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 5+ years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in a large or mid-sized law firm with multiple offices
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred
- A strong background in coaching or performance management
- Supervisory experience, preferably including the management of time records
- Extensive recruiting experience, preferably both legal and non-legal
- Experience in employment law and EEO guidelines
- Strong technical skills working with a variety of programs such as Workday, Kronos, Microsoft Office, ViDesktop, ViRecruit, and ChromeRiver
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the followinglink:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role. If you need an accommodation of any kind for religious or disability reasons, including related to this job requirement, please contact Human Resources.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA 30309
This position is based in Boston, MA 02210
This position is based in Chicago, IL 60606
This position is based in Washington, DC 20001
Heather Kurey | Office Administrator | Seyfarth Shaw LLP