International law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. is seeking a Financial and Pricing Analyst to work in their Washington, D.C. Office. This individual will provide analysis and make recommendations on enhancing financial performance and pricing services to clients by collecting, monitoring and studying data, and recommending actions to the Firm management, Director of Finance, and Assistant Controller. This individual must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or relevant work experience.
- Guides pricing analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions
- Runs inquiries on various metrics (hours, revenue, rates) to produce pricing recommendations
- Assists in development of alternative billing arrangements and monitors results to improve efficiencies and profitability
- Regularly prepares budget-to-actual variance analysis for review and dissemination to management
- Develops and modifies financial reports based on changing business needs.
- Presents data in graphical or other formats useful to the end-user
- Maintains database by entering and verifying data
- Completes surveys participated in by the firm
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Creates and works with models upon which business decisions can be based, including but not limited to, profitability analysis, revenue budgeting, client margin analysis, rate setting, and strategic planning
- Develops and monitors profitability models based on relevant data on a client/matter or other bases
- Analyzes business plans of potential lateral additions, developing pro forma incremental revenue and cost analyses, and monitoring actual results as compared to projections.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated solid understanding of the business economics of a professional services firm with experience specific to law firms preferred, understand accounting and financial processes related to the firm
- Proficiency in financial skills, statistical analysis, and process improvement
- Ability to present complex analysis with clarity
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses
- Ability to perform at high levels and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to anticipate needs and follow through with minimum direction and to follow up on own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with colleagues in a team environment
- Ability to work during month-end and year-end close
Required Technical and Computer Software Skills:
- Law firm accounting software, Aderant, Iridium, BigHand a plus
- MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL, Tableau a plus
We offer a 35-hour work week, a convenient Metro Center address, a professional and friendly work environment, an excellent benefit package, and salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Ireland, Human Resources and Recruitment Manager, Keller and Heckman LLP, 1001 G Street, N.W., Suite 500 West, Washington, D.C. 20001 to [login to unmask email]. E.O.E.