Wiley has an opening for an HR Data Assistant in our DC office. This role provides administrative support and coordinates activities in support of the Human Resources and Legal Talent departments, including entering and updating data in the HRIS system and other department systems, updating various spreadsheets and charts that house employee records, maintaining employee files, assisting with data requests for reports and surveys, and working with Human Resources and Legal Talent team members on various projects and initiatives.
This position is responsible for handling inquiries from all levels of firm personnel and routinely handles highly confidential and sensitive information, which require a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and discretion.
This position is eligible to participate in the firm's flexible work program.
- Assists in the administration of the firm’s HRIS system
- Inputs all relevant employee information to maintain the firm’s HRIS database
- Enters relevant information for new hires, rehires, status changes, terminations, and employee data changes
- Maintains additional charts and spreadsheets outside of the HRIS database, including but not limited to Legal Talent attorney records
- Provides support for the firm’s other human resources management systems such as employee data databases, emergency communications, court admissions, evaluations, etc.
- Uploads electronic files to appropriate location in either HRIS or firm’s knowledge management system, or both as appropriate and adheres to the firm records retention policies; these files include recruiting, personnel, and other
- Processes written and verbal employment verifications
- Generates regularly scheduled reports and distributes reports as appropriate, such as the monthly Personnel Roster, Attorney Organizational Chart, Attorney Diversity Chart, etc., and assists with annual and year-end reports
- Compiles and files labor statistics with regulatory agencies and assists with preparing information for external compensation, benefits, and other surveys
- Develops queries and ad hoc reports to meet the firm’s needs
- Interacts with HRIS vendor for maintenance and troubleshooting
- Researches ways to optimize system use and recommends and assists with implementation of approved HRIS enhancements and software upgrades
- Assists the Human Resources and Legal Talent teams with projects and initiatives as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required
- Minimum two (2) years of related Human Resources and/or office administrative experience
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services firm strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Possess organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to see tasks through from inception to completion
- Must possess a growth mindset and display high levels of emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to build relationships, credibility, and trust across all levels of firm leadership
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to type 45 wpm accurately
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Familiarity with human resources databases strongly preferred, including ADP and viDesktop
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
- Position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- Position requires that the employee be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities may require the employee to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
- May require employee to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.