The corporate real estate paralegal specializes in support of the corporate, administrative, leasing, condominium, land use, property management, foreclosure, bankruptcy, and tax matters. Diligence is required to research and verify pertinent information for the assignments. The paralegal will have a basic understanding of real estate documents. General duties for the corporate real estate paralegal include the following:
- Project Administration: responsible for the administrative aspects of the assignment. Includes maintenance of documents and revising the administrative plan and the budget for a matter. Also includes developing and communicating project status reports.
- Fact Gathering/Due Diligence: Processes associated with investigating facts, obtaining documents, and completing due diligence and the preparation of related reports and reviews. Includes coordination with third parties (including other counsel) in connection with fact investigation, interviews of personnel, document review performed for purposes of identifying, understanding, and analyzing facts and issues, and all related communications and correspondence.
- Initial Document Preparation/Filing: responsible for preparing transaction documents and opinions prior to delivery. Includes all tasks undertaken to file documents (including electronic and paper regulatory filings) and all related communications regarding the assignment.
- Maintenance and Renewal: responsible for subsequent maintenance and renewal requirements under the terms of the transaction or projects.
- Hold a DC Notary certification to notarize documents for clients.
- Document client matter transactions daily
- Requires working knowledge of District of Columbia regulatory agencies and legal research procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Works with a sense of urgency, confidentiality, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Requires ability to consistently deliver highest quality work.
Works independently and effectively with colleagues at all levels.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Juanita Adams at [login to unmask email]