After opening its doors in Denver in 1968, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck has since expanded around the country, with 12 offices, 600+ employees and 300+ attorneys and policy professionals nationwide. And with over 50 years in the industry, we’re committed to creating strong relationships with not only our clients, but with each other and our communities. Are you looking for camaraderie, collaboration and a challenge? Are you looking for an environment committed to creating strong relationships and a building a collaborative culture? If so, we want you at Brownstein. We have an immediate need for a Facilities Coordinator, to join our Washington, D.C. office.
We are seeking a candidate that possess a strong work ethic combined with a can-do attitude, and is an effective communicator. The Facilities Coordinator will maintain efficient and smooth operation for our D.C. office and will report to the Office Administrator.
The following are examples of projects responsibilities and tasks the Facilities Coordinator will be involved with:
- Oversees the daily and routine maintenance of equipment and office furnishings by conducting regular inspection of firm's facilities
- Performs regular housekeeping appraisals of the condition and cleanliness of the facilities
- Conduct routine maintenance inspections of facilities for deficiencies, safety hazards and/or code violations, such as inspections of lighting, temperatures, and signage
- Responds to employee requests and alerts regarding equipment and office furnishings
- Schedules and oversees repairs of equipment and office furnishings as needed
- Establishes and directs annual maintenance programs
- Monitors and removes as appropriate clutter including inactive file and document accumulation
- Administers service contracts to assure compliance with job specifications and adherence to cost agreements
- Coordinates and oversees physical movement of equipment and office furnishings including office moves within the firm
- Maintains inventory of equipment and office furnishings repository; conducts searches for misplaced or lost equipment or office furnishings
- Coordinates and oversees process of office preparation in advance of new employee's arrival into the firm (including hanging of art)
- Oversees and coordinates construction projects within the firm
- Interacts with outside contractors and vendors for facilities operations, maintenance, construction and renovation projects
- Assists in maintaining analysis of space and equipment requirements and in usage allocation
- Acts as liaison to building management for premises-related maintenance issues
- Coordinates security surveys and assists in resolving security concerns
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Prepares special and periodic reports as required for operation
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience within a facilities department of a larger company
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to develop positive working relationships (in-person and virtually)
- Must be able and comfortable communicating effectively with vendors and building management
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools, always with a focus on safety
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, with a willingness to accept ownership of projects and be successful in driving those projects, as well as daily tasks, to a successful conclusion
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against time constraints
- Willingness to be flexible and perform responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as the needs of the Office and Firm change
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with effective organizational skills
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Unquestioned integrity and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Proficient in web-based conference call/web-sharing applications
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, type, and handle light lifting (files, copy paper, etc.) in a professional office environment
Brownstein offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k + match, profit sharing, and vacation/sick/personal time off, in addition this role pays overtime for hours worked above 40 per week.
To apply please use the below link:
If the link does not direct you to the application, you can go to bhfs.com/careers, select Professional Staff, click Apply Now and the Facilities Coordinator position will be listed. Click the arrow to the right of the Facilities Coordinator title, and this will provide the job description. Click the additional arrow that appears to apply.
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer.